Decreasing inflammation, increasing strength in connective tissues
- Water: hydrate daily, intake water equal to 1/2 your body weight in ounces.
- Papaya and pineapple: these naturally decrease inflammation; take Bromelaine gel tablets (Twin Labs) or eat pineapple daily.
- Ice: continue icing, alternating with heat to increase circulation; 15 minutes each, ending in ice.
- Sugar: decrease intake. Refined sugar weakens ligaments and decreases phagocyte production which eats inflammation.
- Glucosamine: to strengthen tissues; ligaments, tendons and cartilage. Take as recommended, then increase slowly.
- Horsetail tea: to strengthen bones, ligaments, tendons and cartilage.
- Arnica cream or tablets to decrease inflammation and bruising.
- Pectoral and arm stretch: place rolled towel under spine. Stretch your arms out to the sides and feel the pectoral stretch. Put your feet together and let your knees/legs stretch laterally.
- "Kiss the Foot" stretch: sitting, cross foot on top of knee. Inhale then exhale bend forward towards your foot.
- Corner stretch: hands at shoulder height, inhale and on the exhale stretch toward the corner.
Ear, shoulder, hip and ankle should be in alignment. When you are sitting, your ear, shoulder and hip should support the weight of your body.